Saturday, July 09, 2005

Charleston/Folly Beach, SC

I went down to Folly Beach, SC (Charleston basically) July 2-6 for Rachel's brother Chris' wedding. I had an absolute blast of a time. The house was right on the beach (See pictures), and the beach itself is not a crowded beach by any means. The town doesn't have much (only one hotel), so it's mostly rented houses, which keeps the number of visitors to a reasonable level. To compare, it is more like the higher streets of Ocean City compared to the boardwalk sections, except like I said there are no hise-rise hotels in sight, which makes it more pleasant.

I thought I would hate the wedding, just cause I usually do. But this wedding was different than others I have been to. First of all, it wasn't in a church, which I really liked. Also, the preist didn't read any long-winded, cliched passages from the bible, and we didn't have to sing any hymns or listen to anyone sing them. The service was outside at a Charleston country club on the water. GREAT location. As a side-note, all the houses in this private community, named I'on, are brand new but are built to resemble the old Charleston plantation-style homes. Beautiful homes. Anyways, the service was short and to the point, yet still very respectful. I was amazed at how well the whole setup was, considering the wedding was planned in about one month. So I wouldn't say this completely changed my mind about weddings, but it's a good start.

Check the below pics for the highlights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home