Saturday, December 03, 2005

I missed November, didn't I?

The time between my blog entries keeps getting longer. I got a lot to cover so I'll do it in my usual half-assed style. Let's see, since the last post we played Clemson at home in football, and wupped em. Their fans showed up in force and were quite obnoxious so it was a satisfying victory. Their school cheer is just spelling out CLEMSON TIGERS (like C-L-E-M... etc). Pretty dumb.

In early November me and 4 others (Ben P, Leah, Nick, Brian) went backpacking down in FDR State Park on the Pine Mountain Trail. It wasn't as fun as previous trips mainly due to the lack of scenery. The trail never has any overlooks or anything so it's just a long walk in woods. Plus it rained in the morning right as we were taking down camp, so everything got wet. But now I can say it was fun because it's over... isn't that how it always goes?

My friend George was in a "Taste of Africa" show on campus so a bunch of us went to check it out. There was a lot of African dancing and singing (including an Alicia Keyes song, which I guess is an African cultural song?). The highlight was a play they put on about an African guy finding a girl and getting married, that was really funny. The food at the end was interesting too. I tried some cow intestines, and it was surprisingly delicious, though chewy.

Oh and then surprise, Georgia Tech beat Miami in football on 11/20. That was pretty huge, we were at a party and everything kinda just stopped in the 4th quarter and everyone huddled around the TV. Like "what, we are going to win??".

Then I went home for Thanksgiving back to Maryland. I didn't do much at home except watch movies and the usual James Bond marathon on Spike. I think I only left the house once to go play some poker at Josh's new place. The highlight of that night was the last hand of the night. One kid had an Ace-high flush, I had a full house, and before I could reach and pull in the $30+ that was in the pot, Josh surprises us all with a King-high straight flush! Son of a! That's the second highest hand possible in poker! Helluva hand Josh.

On the intramural sports front, my bowling team ended up winning the Graduate league playoffs, so I guess that makes us champions, even though there were only 3 teams in the league. Ha. We play in the school championship monday, where we will play much better teams, and it will take a miracle to get through the first round. For volleyball, we made and won the first game of the playoffs, but then got stomped by a highly organized team with a guy that was like 8 feet tall... not fair.

Anyways, that sums up November/early December. I won't make the usual promise to blog more often, because I probably won't. Be cool, stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home