Saturday, December 17, 2005

Cold-Hearted Apprentice Finale

I never watch the Apprentice, although it is a good show in my opinion, but I caught the re-run of the most recent season's finale on CNBC last night. The ending was one of the most F-ed up things I have witnessed on a reality show. First of all it was between this 30-something guy, Randal, black, really well-educated, owned his own business, hell of a guy... and this 24 year old woman, Rebecca, white, real strong personality (in a good way), very succesful for her age.

Ok anyways, they do their typical boardroom thing (it was live with an audience) and Trump ends up picking the Randal guy. He gets up all excited and runs around hugging people, etc.

Then Trump goes, "wait Randal, sit back down... Now that youve won, what do you really think about Rebecca?"
Randal: "Oh Mr Trump, she's a great girl, *more compliments, etc*"
Trump: "So, don't you think she deserves to win, also?"
The crowd kind of gasps and starts applauding wildy, hoping for a double-hiring situation. I sit up in my seat, suddenly interested cause I thought the girl deserved to win too.
Randal: "Actually, Mr Trump, the show is called Apprentice, as in one, so I think there should only be one Apprentice tonight"
Trump: "Ok, you could have convinced me, but we'll leave it at that, then"

WHAT THE HELL?? Where does this guy get off? It's not like if she was hired they would have to split the job or money or something. It wouldn't have affected him at all. Plus he would not stop saying how much respect he had for her in the previous episode. What a selfish prick. The audience actually booed for a short while, which amused me.

But the main eye-opening part was that a girl about my age was such an impressive person and was almost put in charge of a multi-million/billion dollar corporation. Imagine that, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home